As a Software Engineer, you have experience in a variety of game development areas and you are willing and interested in working on any area of game development as needed. This is a great opportunity for a Software Engineer who is excited by the prospect of working on interesting, unique, and/or complex problems as part of a small team. This role is perfect for someone who enjoys autonomy, task ownership, and working with diverse cross-functional teams. This is a full-time, permanent position with our team.
What will you do?
- Work on a small team of engineers to come up with world-class engineering solutions. Collaborate with the engineering team on developing frameworks and libraries that can be used across different games in development
- Partner with other engineers, designers, artists, QA, audio, and animators on a variety of tasks
- Collaborate with the Technical Director to help establish a unified technology vision for the project including writing and reviewing technical design documents
- Actively participate in code reviews
- Support fixing bugs and optimizing performance within various features and systems
- Providing mentorship to our more junior engineers with an open mind for two-way feedback
- You have a diploma or degree in Software Engineering and/or equivalent hands-on experience
- You have experience shipping a minimum of 1 game title with a studio
- Experience programming in C++
- Personal or Professional Experience with Unreal
- Strong communication skills
- Working knowledge of algorithms, data structures, and software design patterns
- A positive attitude and a willingness to learn and share knowledge
Nice To Have
- Experience shipping AAA games on console and/or PC platforms
- Experience with networking, dedicated servers, and/or backend services development
Finally, a little about Gasket Games Corp. We are a growing studio of people who enjoy playing games together as much as we enjoy making them together. We have a high bar for quality within our games and mutual respect within our company culture. Our office is located in downtown Vancouver, right outside the Waterfront SkyTrain station, surrounded by great places to eat.
We offer very competitive benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- Choose your own working style: remote, hybrid, or in-person. You choose which works best for you
- 4 weeks of paid vacation, plus a studio closure over the Winter holidays
- Participation in the Employee Share Option Plan
- An extensive health and dental plan
- An inclusive culture where you get to work with talented and respectful team members
- Weekly studio updates with the whole staff so that everyone knows what’s going on
- Frequent virtual team events as well as in-person activities when possible
Gasket Games is a safe, supportive, diverse, and inclusive environment where people from all walks of life are welcome and belong. If the role and our studio sound interesting to you, we would love to hear from you!