Senior Software Engineer
As a Senior Software Engineer, you have experience in a variety of game development areas and are willing and interested to work in any area of development as needed. This is a great opportunity for an individual who is excited by the prospect of working on complex problems as part of a small team. This role is perfect for someone who enjoys autonomy, task ownership, and working with cross-functional teams. This is a full-time, permanent position with our team.
What will you do?
- Guide and mentor less experienced engineers on your team
- Work on a small team of engineers to provide high-quality solutions to a variety of game development problems
- Collaborate with the engineering team on developing shared technology that can be used across different games in development
- Partner with other engineers, designers, artists, QA, audio, and animators on a variety of tasks
- Follow and contribute to the technical direction of the project and studio, with the Technical Director at the helm to establish a unified technology vision for the project, including writing, reviewing, and implementing technical design documents
- Regularly debug, profile, optimize, and review code across various features and systems
- You have a degree in Software Engineering or equivalent
- Multiple years of game development experience on multiple shipped games with a studio
- Extensive experience programming in C++
- Professional Experience with Unreal or Custom C++ Game Engine
- Able to write clean and well-documented code that meets the design requirements
- Strong interdisciplinary collaboration skills
- A positive attitude and a willingness to learn and share knowledge
Nice To Have
- Experience across multiple areas of game development such as gameplay, audio, systems, tools, online, or UI
- Experience shipping on Console platforms (Xbox, Playstation, or Switch)
- Experience or interest in leading small engineering teams
Finally, a little about Gasket Games Corp. We are a growing studio of people who enjoy playing games together as much as we enjoy making them together. We have a high bar for quality within our games and mutual respect within our company culture. Our office is located in downtown Vancouver, right outside the Waterfront SkyTrain station, surrounded by great places to eat.
We offer very competitive benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- Choose your own working style: remote, hybrid, or in-person. You choose which works best for you
- 4 weeks of paid vacation, plus a studio closure over the Winter holidays
- Participation in the Employee Share Option Plan
- An extensive health and dental plan
- An inclusive culture where you get to work with talented and respectful team members
- Weekly studio updates with the whole staff so that everyone knows what’s going on
- Frequent virtual team events as well as in-person activities when possible
Gasket Games is a safe, supportive, diverse, and inclusive environment where people from all walks of life are welcome and belong. If the role and our studio sound interesting to you, we would love to hear from you!