Who we’re looking for:
The Manager, People and Culture, will be responsible for leading and managing all aspects of the human resources function for the organization, including but not limited to talent acquisition, employee development, performance management, compensation and benefits, and employee relations. The Manager will also be responsible for developing and implementing human resources policies and procedures that align with the organization's strategic objectives and culture.
- Develop and implement human resources strategies that support the organization's goals and values.
- Manage and oversee the recruitment and hiring process, including developing job descriptions, posting job openings, and conducting interviews.
- Develop and oversee the employee onboarding and training process, ensuring that new employees are integrated into the organization smoothly and effectively.
- Oversee the performance management process, including providing feedback, coaching, and guidance to managers and employees.
- Develop and implement compensation and benefits policies and programs that are competitive and aligned with the organization's goals and values.
- Oversee employee relations, including conflict resolution, disciplinary actions, and employee engagement initiatives.
- Develop and implement diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives that promote a positive and inclusive workplace culture.
- Ensure compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements related to human resources.
- Collaborate with senior leadership to develop and implement organizational strategies and initiatives.
- Provide leadership coaching and training to leadership team and managers
You’ll be a great match if you have these skills & experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field; Master's degree preferred
- CHRP or other relevant certification preferred
- 5+ years of progressive human resources experience with at least 2 years in a leadership role
- Strong knowledge of Canadian employment and labour laws
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain positive relationships with stakeholders
- Experience developing and implementing human resources strategies and policies that align with organizational objectives and culture
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
Your compensation + benefits
- A competitive base salary
- Extended health coverage
- Long-term disability coverage
- In-house training provided by Lucent BioSciences
Why work for Lucent Bio?
- The culture is dynamic, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial
- Your coworkers are collaborative, proactive, and interesting.
- Your compensation is comprehensive, competitive, and can include benefits like extended health insurance
- Your priorities matter. Career growth? Balancing work and life? Growing your own side-hustle? Helping you live your best life is #goals.
- Your diversity is valued. This job is open to anyone authorized to work in Canada.