Who we are:
Lucent BioSciences is on a mission to accelerate sustainable agriculture by delivering crop nutrition solutions that improves yield, soil health and sequesters carbon. Soileos is our first product: a cellulose-based smart micronutrient granular fertilizer.
Who we’re looking for:
A reliable, driven, and enthusiastic Senior Agronomist to join our growing team. Reporting to the Chief Product Officer, the Senior Agronomist will primarily be responsible for field and green house trials with a focus on product management, improvement and formulation optimization. This role will supervise the Product Management Agronomy team and provide guidance and mentoring to junior-level agronomists. The Senior Agronomist has the ability to prioritize operations in light of multiple priorities and conflicting demands, and can participate well in cross-functional teams.
As a member of the Product Management team, your primary responsibilities are to:
- Develop and update experimental designs and Standard Operation Procedures for field and greenhouse trials;
- Manage the Product Management Agronomy team and related field operations;
- Supervise, coach and monitor field and greenhouse testing, this will include travel to the site;
- Be the main contact person for inter-departmental communication regarding projects and trials;
- Evaluate results of agronomy surveys, identifying opportunities to optimize yield increases and leading the continual improvement of survey tools
- Advise management on product formulations and variations;
- Review soil and tissue test interpretation as required and recommend best practices for soil fertility management for local conditions;
- Interact with management and employees to convey results and provide recommendations based on active knowledge and market conditions;
- Make presentations as the Product Agronomist at webinars, conferences and trade shows;
- Provide a positive impact on the organization by leading, mentoring, and coaching team members.
You’ll be a great match if you have these skills & experience:
- MSc or higher in Agriculture, Plant Science or related field;
- At least 6 years of related work experience;
- You enjoy working in a collaborative work environment and coordinating with your team to juggle multiple competing priorities;
- You take pride in being a self-motivated person, fast learner, team player, and creative problem solver;
- You are friendly and personable with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- You show initiative and thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- You have excellent documentation and organizational skills with impeccable attention to detail;
- You are accountable, reliable, punctual, and resilient, with an unwavering work ethic;
- You are eager to solve problems both big and small.