Zinc8 Energy Solutions is developing a range of energy storage products based on a novel zinc-air flow battery technology. An expanding market for these products exists in utility, commercial, industrial, microgrid and similar applications. With powerful backing and a committed engineering nucleus, Zinc8 is expanding its product development team to capitalize on this rare opportunity.
We are looking for a Electrical Test Technologist to help our Engineers set up for safety and verification testing of our flow battery product. Reporting to the Head of Product, the successful candidate will help build and configure prototype systems and test fixtures.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Set up instrumentation for test measurement equipment.
- Set up power connections for inverters, dc-dc converters, load banks and other equipment.
- Configure power conversion equipment communications.
- Test configured equipment to ensure basic operation.
- Assembly of wiring harnesses and installing sensors and actuators.
- Conduct quality inspections on products and parts.
- Assist engineering team in assembling and testing prototype electrical assemblies.
- Produce drawings and schematics for Energy Storage Systems
- Design subassemblies for test fixtures and electrical control circuits
- Participate in design reviews
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3 years of experience configuring and working with power equipment.
- Experience building and connecting custom wire harnesses, cables and communications interfaces.
- Experience working with power equipmentwith three phase hazardous voltages (208, 480 or 600V).
- Experience designing electrical circuits with power components and sensors.
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering strongly preferred.
- Experience with AutoCad for electrical circuit design
- Lab experience testing grid connected power supplies or battery equipment.
- Experience with regulatory testing of equipment to UL or CSA safety standards.
- Lab experience conducting design or regulatory tests on power supplies, UPS or inverters.
- Experience configuring and using power measurement equipment
We offer a competitive salary with generous benefits. We promote an open and inclusive environment in which our colleagues are encouraged to be creative and resourceful.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only those shortlisted will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in career opportunities at Zinc8 Energy Solutions Inc..
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, ancestry, place of origin, religion, family status, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, sex, age, sexual orientation, political belief, or conviction of a criminal or summary conviction offense unrelated to their employment.