Zinc8 Energy Solutions is developing a range of energy storage products based on a novel zinc-air flow battery technology. An expanding market for these products exists in utility, commercial, industrial, microgrid and similar applications. With powerful backing and a committed engineering nucleus, Zinc8 is expanding its product development team to capitalize on this rare opportunity.
We are searching for a Compliance Engineer to manage compliance requirements for our organization. In this role, you will oversee risk-related projects, handle reporting channels, and sign-off on compliance-related documents. This role works closely with the Head of Product to keep the company informed on the status of regulatory compliance for products and projects.
To be successful in this role, industry-specific experience and relevant technical qualifications are a must. You will also have a sound technical background and be up to date with the latest regulatory developments in the industry. The ideal person for this position requires solid analytical skills alongside the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and effectively to other employees and management.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Head of Product to develop and implement strategies that align with business goals and objectives while also meeting regulatory compliance requirements for safety standards and code construction requirements.
- Maintain an understanding of emerging regulations and standards that may impact our products.
- Collaborate with the Head of Product to ensure that product development timelines and milestones are aligned with regulatory compliance requirements.
- Provide regular updates on regulatory compliance to the Head of Product and other key stakeholders.
- Work closely with Zinc8’s engineering team to ensure the products comply with all relevant regulations.
- Participate in cross-functional meetings and provide input on regulatory compliance requirements for new products and projects.
- Establish and maintain documentation for traceability of safety-related components.
- Review and approve product documentation, procedures, work instructions and templates related to Quality & Regulatory activities.
- Develop and deliver quality and regulatory compliance training to Zinc8 personnel and subcontractors.
- Work with Nationally Recognized Test Labs (NRTL’s) to develop test procedures and construction reports for product validation to safety standards.
- Conduct in-house testing and evaluation to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Coordinate in-house and external testing for safety standards compliance.
- Represent Zinc8 for code compliance with Authorities Having Jurisdiction at various project locations worldwide.
- Supports and maintains workplace safety.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree within Engineering or Science.
- Minimum 5 years' experience working as a regulatory / compliance engineer.
- Understanding of product development, manufacturing, quality assurance and designing for regulatory compliance.
- Experience in interfacing with applicable NRTL’s to perform product construction evaluation, component selection, material evaluation and product testing.
- Knowledge of relevant UL and CSA product safety standards in the power electronics field.
- Experience with hazard mitigation analysis methods that incorporate functional safety.
- Experience with product testing and evaluation
- Leadership and project management skills.
- Analytical and communication skills research methodology and scientific writing.
- Willingness to travel.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Registered or eligible for registration as EIT or P.Eng. with Engineers and Geoscientists BC. If the successful candidate is an EIT, they will be directly supervised by a P.Eng. registered in BC.
- Experience with the following: UL 9540, UL 9540A, UL 1973, NFPA 70, NFPA 855, UL 1741, IEC 62368, IEC 61508, UL 991, UL 1998.
- Experience with international energy storage systems standards.
- Experience in a development environment with energy storage systems.
- Experience with Fluidic systems, secondary containment and piping.
We offer a competitive salary with generous benefits. We promote an open and inclusive environment in which our colleagues are encouraged to be creative and resourceful.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only those shortlisted will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities at Zinc8 Energy Solutions Inc..
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, ancestry, place of origin, religion, family status, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, sex, age, sexual orientation, political belief, or conviction of a criminal or summary conviction offense unrelated to their employment.